Monday, August 24, 2015

10-SoCSIT Week - A Game of Champions

It was the SoCSIT week, the most awaited event by the students. Many students cheered for their fellow blockmates in the court. They held different sports competition like the Basketball, Volleyball and Table Tennis and different activities.

In my experience, I enjoyed every game that I joined. I joined the Basketball, Volleyball and the Gaming Genesis event the League of Legends Tournament. To start this. Let's talk about the Basketball. I don't know my teammates that well because I was only pulled by the other block because they think that I would be a great addition to their team. But in the process I grew very fond of them and to think that they were also my blockmates because they share the same personalities as I do. In our first game, we faced second year students. At first we think that were screwed because they are much more experience than us but we managed to beat them in a very close game, I can't remember if it's 2 or 3 point difference only but it was a good game. Then after that our next game is the defending champions but that didn't threaten us, we manage to put a good fight against them, although we lost, we still put a smile on our face after the game.
 In Volleyball, I still get pulled by the same block, I know that I will do well in Volleyball because I am an varsity player when I was in High School but the problem is my teammates, some of my teammates don't really know how to play although some are also players. But that's no excuse we still do everything that we can do and finish as the first runner up.

SoCSIT week really  was fun and interesting. I met new friends and faced different years. Overall it was a great time for me and my friends, we share the same laugh together in good times and the bad. I'm still hoping that there would be more events as exciting as that. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment